Chocolate Chip Chick Pea Blondies
1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup all natural almond butter
1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup chocolate chips plus 2 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat 8×8 inch pan with coconut oil.
- In a food processor, add all ingredients except chocolate chips and process until batter is smooth. Fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and edges are a tiny bit brown. The batter may look underdone, but you don’t want them to dry out!
- Cool pan for 20 minutes on wire rack and cut into squares
Courtesy of Ambitiuos Kitchen
1.5 cup walnuts
1 ripe banana
15 medjool dates
1 ripe banana
4 tbsp almond butter
4 tbsp raw honey (or maple syrup if vegan)
1/4 cup raw cacao
1. Combine bottom ingredients in a food processor and process until well blended.
2. Spread blended bottom ingredients in a glass pan. Coat the bottom of the pan with a little coconut oil to avoid sticking.
3. Combine topping ingredients in a food processor and process until well blended, should be smooth.
4. Spread blended topping ingredients over bottom ingredients in 8x8 pan.
5. Place in the freezer for a couple hours.
6. Remove from pan, cut into squares and serve!
Courtesy of Fit Sugar
Crispy Cereal Bars
4 cups brown rice crispy cereal
2/3 cup raisins
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or almonds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup almond butter
1 cup brown rice syrup
2 tsp vanilla
Lightly oil 9x13 pan. In bowl, mix all dry ingredients. In small saucepan, combine almond butter and rice syrup. Cook over medium-low heat until warm and bubbly. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Pour over cereal mixture and mix. Transfer mixture to pan and use damp hands to press mixture into pan. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before cutting.
Gobble Up Granola Snacks
2 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
2 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup brown sugar packed
1/2 cup agave syrup
1/2 cup almond butter (or other nut butter)
1 tsp vanilla
In large bow, stir together cereal, oats and raisins. Grease 9x13 pan. Combine sugar and syrup in small saucepan over medium heat, just until boiling. Remove from heat and add nut butter and vanilla. Pour over dry ingredients and mix well. Press into pan and allow to cool before cutting.