Monday, May 27, 2013

Green Smoothie

I didn't know what to have for supper tonight but I wanted to use up the last bit of homemade almond milk I made yesterday so I Googled "Almond Milk Smoothies" and found a recipe called Homemade Cookie Dough: Green Smoothie.  Who wouldn't want to eat healthy cookie dough for supper?  I quickly looked at the ingredients and realized I had them all handy.  I played with it a bit and here is what I came up with.  I'm sipping on it now, by the way, and it's fantastic!


1 cup homemade (or store bought) almond milk
1/2 large banana
1 cup kale with stems removed
1/3 cup oats
1/4 cup almond butter
1-2 tbsp. coconut
2 pitted dates
1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla

Blend all together in a high powered blender until smooth.

I'm not sure what kind of cookie dough it's supposed to taste like but it's smooth and creamy and bursting with flavor.  Breakfast tomorrow?




1 comment:

  1. Hmm, cookie dough might be a stretch, but I'll try it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete